Sunday, February 10, 2008

Time Slows Down

This morning as I went to buy notebook dividers for the project book I'm keeping, it occurred to me how ceremonial it all feels when one is preparing for some specific thing in the future. I imagine this must be what it's like when one is planning a wedding or planning for a baby. Without some big, tangible goal in front, time races by. Sometimes I've been struck by how 6 months passed in a flash, with more of "the same..." With a specific date and goal, time seems drawn out (and at other times, of course, to disappear in a flash!) But there's no doubt that the sense of time is altered.

Yesterday was a magnificent, meaty brainstorming session with my friend who's a professional fundraiser for nonprofits. He gave me step-by-step features to include in a proposal for a grant, and how to search for them most effectively.