Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I launched my website!


My first website, http://www.peacefulportraits.com/, is up and running as of Monday! Check it out. It's mostly focusing on my artwork. It's really fascinating to compile a life's work and see in black and white the 'map" of the journey. And it's about animals and travel and art. Indeed, it always has been.

The website has a lot of work still - I am just a novice. But a friend kindly observed that websites are always in progress. It was actually so easy (relatively) to just go to Siteground.com and start building. What could be more fun than laying down on visible media the joys and dreams of one's personal experiences?

Today I submitted a nomination of Rachel Hogan to be nominated for a WINGS Worldquest award. WINGS's mission is to "celebrate and support extraordinary women explorers by promoting scientific exploration, education and conservation." wingsworldquest.org

Two nights ago I was surfing the Web for small baby bottles and nipples adequate for wee monkey babies. I found a site from Australia that makes bottles and nipples for various animals - and it lists them...wallabies, kangaroos, possoms, monkeys. Who knew???

That reminds me of one of my favorite quotes. When I sent photos of my baby monkey Yoda to my Scanner family friends, my friend Amyla wrote back to the group, "Help. Can someone please come to my house in North Carolina and peel my heart off the living room floor where it has melted under the gaze of wee tiny Yoda in all her 'Yod-a-dorableness.' "