Monday, April 23, 2007

I was telling my friend Ellen that I have been fearless, calm and undaunted on many aspects of my trip preparation:
"I'll probably get head lice?" "Dr. Keil, can I please have a prescription for head lice shampoo...."
"Oh, there are lots of poisonous snakes, including vipers?" "Could you please send me size 12 Wellingtons, and by the way, are they thick enough to stop a snake bite?"
"My Visa bill is $8,000?" "Nicole, could you please help me organize another bake sale at the office..."
"You say it'll be peak rainy / humid / hot season, and therefore rampant with malaria?" "Better make that FOUR bottles of DEET, order 2 vats of Gatorade, and ask the Canadian pharmacy to hurry with the Lariam.."
"Sacre bleu, Professeur! On top of 6 hours of French class a week, we have an extra writing assignment besides the regular homework????"
But the thing that CAUSES ME AGITA - the technology!!!!! No question. I'm terrified. My procrastination is coming out big-time. But it is so important for me to document this well, and take time to get comfortable with plugging in everything to each other, and knowing how it works. This has given me a 3-week-long tension headache.